Baked Acorn Squash
Sweet and delicious baked squash with maple syrup and a touch of cumin. I ate mine straight from the shell and with a glass of red pinot noir to savor every bite.
Not much to this recipe. Cut, scoop seeds, season, bake and there you have it!
I mashed the remaining half of the squash and served it to my son and husband as a side dish. They slurped it right up!
- 1 medium to large acorn squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (divided)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut acorn squash in half
- Scoop out seeds with spoon and discard or save to bake
- Place acorn squash face up on a baking sheet
- Rub olive oil on squash
- Drizzle maple syrup
- Sprinkle cumin powder
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until squash is a bit burned on the edges and soft on the inside when checked with a fork
- Let cool and serve