Low-Fat Spicy Hot Chocolate
Low-Fat Spicy Hot Chocolate ~ Sweet, warming and less guilt than other hot chocolates. What could be better than that on a winter chilly day? Since I am using almond milk, it is lower in fat than regular milk or even soy milk. I don’t always love the taste of stevia so if you want to leave it out altogether just replace it with another teaspoon of agave. I know, I know. I always end up drinking all two serving portions so there goes my low-fat fantasy…
- 1½ cups of unsweetened almond milk (or rice milk)
- ½ cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened pure cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon of peeled and grated ginger (more or less as you like)
- ¾ teaspoon of stevia
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
- In small pan, bring milk, water and vanilla to a simmer.
- Add cocoa powder and with a fork stir making sure all bumps of cocoa are dissolved. Have a bit of patience on this as I promise they will dissolve quicker than you think.
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, stevia and agave.
- Add ginger and taste making sure you are okay with the spice level.
- Let mixture cook another minute to let ingredients come together and serve immediately.