Curry Vegetable Topping
I can whip up this topping quickly and use it on top of any dish like rice, pasta, steamed veggies, quinoa, etc., and it adds flavor and a bit of spice to what otherwise may turn out to be a borish meal. Serve it with crackers for a tasty snack.
- 1 large onion sliced in medium-sized rounds
- 1 large zucchini cut in medium-sized half rounds
- ½ tomato cut in medium-sized chunks (optional veggie)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ⅛ tablespoon of Indian curry (preferably without salt)
- pinch of cardamom (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil plus extra if needed
- 1 teaspoon of refined coconut oil
- In medium skillet and over low to medium heat, cook onions until translucent in olive and coconut oil.
- Lower heat and cook garlic for about 3 minutes making sure it does not turn too brown as the flavor will bitter.
- Add zucchini and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in curry and cardamom and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add olive oil if you find the mixture drying or sticking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.