The 20 Minute Cream of Garbanzo and Broccoli Soup
Like creamy, warm soups? Who doesn’t! This healthy and easy recipe was inspired by my good friends P & J who are the most creative vegetarian cooks I know. And I promise that this soup is all you will need to warm your bones on a chilly night!
- Two 15 oz cans of garbanzo beans drained
- 6 cups of steamed chopped broccoli
- 3 cups of vegetable broth plus ¼ cup to puree garbanzo beans
- ½ teaspoons of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puree garbanzo beans in blender with vegetable broth. In a medium sized pot, add pureed garbanzo bean and vegetable broth. Cook over medium heat until mixture simmers. Lower heat. Add garlic powder and broccoli. Mix, cover and cook soup for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with basil and/or avocado slices and with a side of bread to make it a main dish.