Power Cookie: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Flourless
These cookies are technically flourless since one of the main ingredient besides peanut butter are ground almonds. You can buy these in flour form, which just means exactly: ground blanched almonds. Bob’s Mill makes a reasonably priced bag found at most natural food markets such as Whole Foods. The blackstrap molasses in this recipe add calcium and iron and combined with the almonds, you have a super power cookie.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups of ground blanched almonds or almond flour ready made
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of unsalted and unsweetened peanut butter (whole foods has ground yourself peanut butter and it is fresh and delicious!)
- 3/8 of agave nectar
- 1/8 cup of blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of natural vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F and cover large cookie sheet with baking parchment paper, preferably unbleached. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate medium sized bowl and with a hand mixer, mix peanut butter, agave, blackstrap molasses, coconut oil and vanilla extract for 1 minute. Add almond flour mixture and mix for another minute with hand mixer. Texture should be slightly crumbly. With your hands form 1 1/2 inch rounds and flatten slightly before laying on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie rack. Makes about 24 cookies.