Chilled Quinoa Parfait with Orange Cream
I think that a healthy breakfast can taste like dessert. Or dessert anytime of day can be healthy in general if made with the right ingredients. I am almost certain you will agree with me when you see what this parfait is made of, especially since it is completely sugar-free but sweetly satisfying.
… lick it up. No, seriously, I promise I only did this after cream was ready and before blades went into the wash. It was all good except for when I almost tilted my tripod over while my tongue was reaching and free hand pushed the shutter. Oh the perils of the food blog job.
- 1 can chilled coconut milk (full-fat)
- Fresh squeezed juice from ½ a ripe orange
- 1 cup quinoa cooked and cooled to room temperature (divided)
- 1 1/12 fresh blueberries (divided)
- ⅛ cup cacao nibs
- Scoop top thick part of coconut milk from chilled can
- Place into a bowl and whip for 2 minutes
- Add orange juice and whip 1 minute
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for an hour
- In two separate glasses or jars, add half the quinoa at the bottoms and layer with half the blueberries and then half the orange cream
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs
- Place parfaits in the refrigerator and chill for an hour before serving