Chickpea And Raw Baby Kale Salad
Summertime is great for quick cooling salads. This one is full of protein and all the other good nutritional stuff that raw kale brings along. If you can’t find baby kale then you can substitute with spinach. I added walnuts, raisins and grapes for a bit of sweet and crunch.
Chickpea and Raw Baby Kale Salad
- I can of cooked chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 2 cups of raw baby kale (you can substitute for spinach)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions (small pieces)
- 1 cup of halved grapes (red or green but sweet)
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/8 cup of raisins
- Juice of two fresh squeezed limes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl combine all ingredients together tossing with lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4 as a side dish.